HSA Home Warranty - Heater is not working in Kitchen and Living area
I have my home warranty with HSA. This is my home which I have purchased in July-2015 (8 years old home). In the first winter, we have started heater on first floor. There was no heat coming in kitchen and living area. With the same temp in heater, other rooms were becoming very hot. I have put service request to HSA. They have sent technician (from company called ComfortMax), who did 30 to 1 hour of inspection and informed me that my home heat carrying duck pipe are not designed correct and hence I have to fix dampers. He mentioned that it is not included in the warranty coverage and asked me 350 to 400 USD to fix. I refuse to get this fix because cost was very high. I also did not agree that how come in 8 years old home, such problem could be there.
I have called both ComfortMax and HSA and tried to convince and explained them that they should do proper examination to find correct problem. They are refusing to listen me and did not agree with my analysis. They finally declined my repair request (I have email evidence of decline) and charged me 75 USD for technician visit.
Finally I have decided to contact local person to fix the issue as winter was getting heavy in the month of Jan-2016. One of local person visited and he inspected the same places again. He found 8 to 9 big holes in the pipes carrying hot air to the kitchen and living area. We have taken all the pictures of the holes prior to repair them. He fixed all the holes by providing proper insulation and duck tap. This entire labor work took almost 4 to 5 hours. Including materials and labor cost was close to 800 to 850 USD.
After this, once again I had contacted HSA to explain the entire situation. They understood and promised to contact me after 2 to 3 days. I have been calling them almost every day. Their phone lines are usually so busy that I have to wait for almost 20 to 30 min to get someone on line. Whoever comes on phone, transfer the call to someone and then finally no one pick up the phone?
1. If at first glance, HSA had done proper analysis and arrested the air leakages, would have not cost me 850 USD in spite of my home warranty with them. They lied to me that it is duct design and dampers problem.
2. How come they did not find 8 to 10 places heavy air leakages?
3. After this, when we are trying to contact them, they are not providing any response and not attending the issue.
I am looking for my money reimbursement from them and trying to log this so that in future they do not repeat this type of incident with any other customer.
I have all the photographs, emails and the report as evidence with me.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Irresponsible staff
- Are not honest and lying to customer
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hsa Home Warranty Coverage
- Review category
- Household Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "I purchased a Southern Motion sectional Fusion in 2010. After the first year it started peeling. To see it now it looks like I have had it twenty..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "Do not rent at copper creek apartments owned by Greystar. The office staff is horrible and you will never reach corporate office. I have the neighbors from *** who..."
- "Placed order on 12/5/15 for an Xmas present (couldn't give to the little girl who it was intended for at Xmas), rec'd product about a 2 weeks later, opened package..."
- "rented rims from there for 2 months. when i gave the rims back the mechanic messed up the install, causing the stud on my car to snap and my wheel..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."