Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My wife and I bought a house on December 8, 2017 and purchased a home warranty through HSA. On December 27 the boiler heat stopped working.

We contacted the home warranty company (HSA home warranty) on December 28th and they scheduled an HVAC company to come look at it on January 2. The HVAC company came out on January 2 and the contractor believed there was air in the lines and the system needed bleeder valves installed. The contractor stated they would have to get permission from HSA warranty company to do the work then left. Two days later I received an email from the HSA home warranty stating our claim had been denied because they would not add the needed bleeder valves.

During this time the temps dropped to -30 in the evenings. On Friday, January 5, the pilot light to the boiler had gone out unbeknownst to me and the pilot gas switch was stuck to the on position. Around 10:30 on Friday night the gas build up ignited causing a mini explosion in my basement. It threw me to the ground damaged a door and damaged the pilot light to our gas water heater.

We had gone 10 days without heat in our house and the inside of our house stayed a steady 48 degrees only because I had purchased some space heaters. After 9 days and not getting anywhere with the home warranty company I took matters into my own hands and had a company installed a new gas furnace on Monday, January 8 which cost me $5400. HSA is quick to take your money but will do everything they can not to cover your problems.

HSA only cares about making money and has no concern for the safety of its customers. Please do your research and stay clear of HSA and its sister company American Home Shield.

Review about: Hsa Home Warranty Home Warranty.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Reimbursement for the new furnace and space heaters I had to buy to keep me and my family warm..

Comments

MushyLiger579

We're in similar situation right now and have been since Jan til now end of March.